Since I’ve started my garden, I have a new found love – BASIL! Before our open house today (http://www.soldbynick.com/), I’m going to mix up this recipe, let it chill for a couple of hours and serve it with my chicken and whole wheat pasta dinner tonight.
Three-Berry Basil Rosé Sangria Recipe
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries, rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (about 6 medium leaves)
- 1 ounce brandy
- 2 ounces Drambruie
- 750ml bottle dry rosé wine, chilled
- 12 ounces club soda, chilled
- About 3 cups ice cubes
- 4 to 6 basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
In a large (at least 2-quart) glass pitcher, mix together the berries and basil. Add the brandy and Drambruie, and stir to combine. Slowly pour in the wine, stirring gently. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.