Here are some more clever little tricks for using everyday items from Real Simple Solutions!
Wine Bottle or Cork
- Use as bookends. A pair of bottles, with or without the contents, can hold a small library together.
- Organize jewelery. Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss in your travel bag.
- Replace a rolling pin. Roll pie crust or pizza dough flat with a wine bottle.
- Keep your boots up. Slide bottles into boots when storing them so they keep their shape and stand up straight.
- Pack party favors. Send dinner guests home with some of your special sauce or cocktail mix in rinsed-out bottles.
- Cap an X-Acto knife with a wine cork.