Here’s another drink recipe for you! Add these ingredients to your weekly shopping list for next weekend’s get-together! Enjoy!
White Sangria Recipe
Written by Sheila Lukins and Julee Rosso
• 1 bottle of dry white wine
• 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
• 1 large pear, sliced very thin
• 1 cup seedless green grapes
• 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
• 2 tablespoons Calvados or Armagnac
• 3 tablespoons Cointreau• 1½ cups bottled sparkling water
• Sprigs of mint or fresh flowers, for garnish
Pour the wine into a large glass pitcher. Add the kiwis, pear, grapes, sugar, Calvados, and Cointreau to the pitcher and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
To serve, stir well, add the sparkling water, and pour over ice in tall glasses. Garnish with a sprig of mint or a flower. Serves 6.
From The Silver Palette 25th Anniversary Edition by Sheila Lukins and Julee Rosso, courtesy of Workman Publishing.
Photo Credit: Patrick Tregenza and Susan Goldman